Thursday, January 12, 2012

Get Him to the Greek


I had no idea what to expect with this movie.  I just knew I didn't have a good feeling about it.

Get Him to the Greek is a comedy starring Russell Brand as a rock star who has gone into seclusion.  A record label employee, Jonah Hill, is forced by his constantly angry boss, played by P. Diddy, to go and get Brand's character Aldous Snow out of seclusion.  The reason they want him back is so they can make some money off of a "comeback" concert at the Greek Theatre in Los Angeles.  While on their way back from Europe to LA they make quite a few stops in which some hilarity ensues.  It's a pretty predictable story.

I've mentioned most of the stars of the film except Rose Byrne who plays Snow's ex-girlfriend Jackie Q.  Jackie is just as weird as Aldous Snow so they play off of each other.  The cast is decent.  By far the best actor is Jonah Hill, and I don't think it's even close.  Byrne is pretty good but I liked her much more in X-Men: First Class.  Honestly, I just can't stand Russell Brand.

This is a short review because, while there are some funny parts of this movie where I laughed out loud, the movie sucks.  I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.  If you really like Brand then maybe, but you've got to be a pretty big fan to stand this awful film.

No comments:

Post a Comment