Thursday, January 5, 2012

Knight and Day

When I put this movie on my Netflix list I literally just put it on so I could write a review ripping a movie.  Don't ask me why I just felt like I had seen too many good movies in a row.  Clearly I forgot about 30 Minutes or Less but Knight and Day really let me down!

Knight and Day stars Tom Cruise and Cameron Diaz in an action/comedy.  The premise of the movie is that he's a spy and she's caught up in all of his craziness as just a victim.  Cruise and Diaz actually play their roles very well.  In my opinion, it's because they fit them so well.  Cruise plays spy's constantly in his movies (Mission Impossible series) and Diaz plays the dumb blonde in basically all of her movies.  The rest of the cast is pretty average and no one stands out.

The film has a halfway decent story but they focus on it a little too much at the end.  The first 3/4 of the movie they have fun with it.  There is tons of action, great venues, car chases, and it's just a fun movie.  The last quarter though they take way too seriously and that's when the movie starts to suck.

Knight and Day isn't a crappy movie.  It isn't great either but it certainly isn't the stinker I thought it might be.  It's a fun action/comedy that you can really enjoy for the first 3/4 of the movie.  Overall though, I'd skip this one unless you're really desperate!

No comments:

Post a Comment