Thursday, March 29, 2012

Act of Valor



I had been wanting to see this movie for a long time.  I was pumped about the trailer and knew this was exactly my kind of flick.  In case you haven't seen the trailer, it's one of the best I've ever seen.  Act of Valor stars active duty Navy SEALS.  This means they are not in the credits but they do all their own action sequences.  This makes the action scenes very authentic and about as close as most of us are going to get to military action.

Act of Valor is a film that follows Navy SEALS through a fictional mission after a CIA agent is kidnapped.  The attempt to rescue her leads to further plot points that expose a larger terrorist agenda.  The plot is very straight forward.  It does get confusing at points but the overall mission is clear.  The story is fun but a little too straightforward until the very end.

I'm not going to talk much about the acting in this movie because it's horrible.  I didn't expect anything different though because professional Navy SEALS are not actors.  I will say though even the professional actors were pretty terrible in this one.

If you want to see great military action and that's your thing, you'll love Act of Valor. If you expect great acting and drama then forget it.  This is a case of "it is what it is" don't expect it to be anything more.  I loved this one, but it also helped to read the book prior to seeing the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment