Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Crazy, Stupid, Love

Crazy, Stupid, Love is a drama/comedy and I knew it when I got it in the mail.  It does have a pretty impressive cast, so I thought this one might just be worth checking out.

This movie stars Steve Carrell, Ryan Gosling, Julianne Moore, and Emma Stone.  The cast is very impressive and really hits a home run.  There are also some key roles played by Marisa Tomei and Kevin Bacon.  

Crazy, Stupid, Love is about a family that is fractured by an affair and all of the consequences that occur related to the hardship the entire family faces.  The film really paints a pretty interesting story with the highlight, for me at least, being the relationship that Steve Carrell and Ryan Gosling share throughout the movie.  There are some very fascinating twists and turns over the course of the movie that keep you interested.  The only knock I really had was that the movie looked like it was going to end horribly at one point but then it just keeps on going.  The feeling that left wasn't great and the movie did drag towards the end.

After sitting through this one I was a little conflicted about how I felt in the end but I think I'd recommend this one to someone looking for a comedy infused with some real serious issues.  If you're looking for a sappy rom-com this isn't it.  Crazy, Stupid, Love is a very well made movie worth checking out especially if you're missing an Y chromosome.

No comments:

Post a Comment