Monday, December 26, 2011

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (Part I & II)



Alright well as you know if you normally read my blog, I'll give you a glimpse into my perspective on the movie before I saw it.  I've seen all the movies prior to this one and have read the Deathly Hallows book.  Needless to say, I knew what I was getting into.  I was a little bit skeptical when I saw this in the theatre because they broke one book up into two movies but I knew it couldn't matter that much.  I do also want to add, if you haven't seen the first six in this series please don't even try to check this one out.


Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is the seventh part in the series.  The story revolves around Harry and the character Voldemort trying to destroy one another and their quest of good vs evil.  One of the nice things about this film is that you can view it on a surface level and just enjoy the main plot but if you are like many other and are a junkie then you can dive into much deeper levels of detail.  The story finishes the series quite nicely.  The pacing is very good and throws you a few twists here and there. I was however confused by a few minute story parts that were left unanswered (i.e. Ms. Norris), but I suppose that's probably unavoidable for a series so deep though.

As with all of the Harry Potter movies the music is excellent.  The theme song, by John Williams, is a perfect fit for the series.  The rest of the score fits the movie very well and keeps rhythm with the story arc.

Normally I get into who the actors are, I'm not going to do that this time.  If you want to know please go to this link to check out all of the fantastic cast and crew to the finale in the Harry Potter series.  There are simply just too many people to name but they all do a really nice job.  My only complaint is one character changed actors, because he got arrested. They ended up swapping out a fat white kid for a skinny black kid and called it the same character, it made no sense at all!

This really is a fantastic series to watch for any age from about 10 and up.  If you haven't seen it before I would highly recommend it.  I'm not a "Potter maniac" but I did enjoy watching all the films.  I would put this one up there with Lord of the Rings and Star Wars.  Anyone with some time on their hands might want to try a weekend marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment