Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The A-Team

My expectations for this movie were pretty limited.  I was thinking "eh, we'll watch some stuff blow up and maybe the story will be half decent."   My expectations for The A-Team were far exceeded.

The A-Team is a remake of the 80's TV show which famously starred Mr. T.  The 2010 film version of The A-Team stars Liam Neeson, Bradley Cooper (from Hangover), Quinton "Rampage" Jackson and Jessica Biel.  The cast overall fits the movie very well, and while most aren't known for being great actors, this movie was cast very well.  I particularly like Patrick Wilson cast as Lynch.

I think most people would expect the action in this kind of movie to be cheesy and way too far over the top.  Yes, it is over the top, but it's done well.  The special effects are actually pretty good and are in appropriate places that give the film a very nice flow.

Overall this is a very good action movie.  Not only does the story have some nice twists and turns but there is some pretty good humor.  The A-Team is very similar to The Losers, and I'm not sure which is better, but that is a good thing.  I was impressed by this movie and would recommend it to anyone looking for a fun action movie to watch.

Posted on January 16, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment