Tuesday, November 1, 2011

The Young Victoria

The Young Victoria again doesn't fall into my standard movie portfolio but I thought this one looked interesting and I do typically enjoy a historical film.  This movie was my wife's choice but I'm glad I checked this one out.

The story of this film follows Queen Victoria and her rise to the throne.  This of course includes her meeting her future husband and all of the trials and tribulations of a queen trying to find true and honest love.  I was pretty impressed by the story in this film and how well it was told.  Though we know this is a true story it was condensed well for the "big screen."

Queen Victoria is played by Emily Blunt, who is most known for her role in The Devil Wears Prada and Charlie Wilson's War, does a very nice job in this film.  Blunt does seem to be a real up and coming actress in Hollywood.  Most of the other actors and actresses are less well known but do an admirable job.

Overall The Young Victoria was really a pretty good movie and an excellent love story, for those that like that kind of thing.  I would recommend this to any guy who had to choose a sappy movie to sit through, this one is really pretty good.

Posted on January 14, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment