Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Winter's Bone

First of all I had high hopes for this movie, even though dramas are not typically my favorite.  Winter's Bone has gotten great reviews from many critics, including Roger Ebert who had it in his top 10 movies of the year, plus Netflix said I would like it! 

I should have trusted my instincts.  Winter's Bone is esentially about a family living in the Ozark mountains in Missouri that is struggling to survive and are faced with a hardship that they may not be able to overcome.

The actors are basically no names but the acting was very good.  I'm sure many of the actors in this movie will end up becoming something because of this movie, but it's not because people enjoyed the story. 

Let me make something clear, Winter's Bone is not a terrible movie, it's just terribly depressing.  This is the kind of movie that seems to come out about once a year that wins all sorts of awards and impresses critics but when actual people see the movie...it sucks.  I don't know about you but when I watch a movie I don't want to leave depressed.  I wouldn't recommend this movie unless you live in the Ozarks and are looking for something really depressing to relate to.

Posted on December 23, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment