Saturday, November 5, 2011

Priest

I watched Priest early last week and just haven't gotten around to writing up this movie.  Let me be clear, while this movie was advertised as a "horror" it is not.  Priest is more of a sci-fi movie.   Priest stars Paul Bettany, Maggie Q, and Karl Uban.

Priest is a story about humans versus vampires.  In this film vampires are depicted more like monsters than in a movie like Underworld.  The story is actually pretty well written and has quite a few twists to it to keep you on your toes.  I would also add that I was a fan of the different locations the movie took you to.  While they were all dark they had their own feel to them.

The cast is ok, Bettany and Urban shine, but it isn't really a great fit for Maggie Q.  The supporting cast is pretty weak though, even for no names I wasn't impressed at all.  Bettany does a nice job as a "Priest" but I would have like to have seen how and why his character is so much better than the other "Priests."

In the end Priest was an entertaining movie if you like sci-fi but otherwise I would probably skip it.  I enjoyed it but I wouldn't buy it.  It is most definitely NOT a horror movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment