Friday, November 4, 2011

Bridesmaids

Ok ok, I know, I'm watching another one of my wife's movies.  Look people we have a Netflix list and we take turns so yes, I WILL get to the action movies...at some point...I hope.  In the meantime I saw Bridesmaids, which I have heard called the female version of The Hangover.  I saw The Hangover  and thought it was hilarious, so I had pretty high hopes for this movie.

Bridesmaids stars Kristen Wiig and Maya Rudolph in this wedding comedy.  The rest of the cast are pretty much no names though the supporting cast was pretty funny, in particular Melissa McCarthy in her role as Megan.  Also a nice little role for Mad Men star Jon Hamm.

The story to Bridesmaids was pretty straightforward and honestly a little too predictable.  Don't get me wrong the movie is funny but story is not it's strong suit.  I would have liked to see a few more twists in the story.

The music was not very impressive at all.  There is some 80's music thrown in but it's mainly just kind of elevator campy music.

Bridesmaids wasn't a bad movie at all but this is NOT The Hangover.  I think most of my disappointment lies in the comparison between the two movies.  The cast isn't as good and the story doesn't have any many twists and turns.  This movie is worth seeing but it's not going to "wow" anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment