Monday, November 7, 2011

The Big Lebowski

The Big Lebowski was new in 1998 and I remember watching it for the first time back then and getting a huge kick out of the great characters, goofy story, and overall just silly humor.  I'm reviewing this movie now because I found out the other day that my wife had never seen The Big Lebowski.  I couldn't believe it so I assured her we would be watching it in short order...and we did.

This movie is about "The Dude" who is basically an incredibly lazy man who likes to drink and bowl.  It's about his relationship with his friends and their struggles.  Oh yea, and it's about a "Chinaman", a rug,  and a woman named Bunny.

The Big Lebowski stars Jeff Bridges as "The Dude", probably the greatest character from a comedy in a long time.  This movie also has a great supporting cast including John Goodman, Steve Buscemi, Julianne Moore, Philip Seymour Hoffman, and more.  It also stars John Turturro as "The Jesus."  The cast is just a really great fit for the movie.

This is one of the best comedies of it's generation.  It's kind of a mix of stupid humor and dry humor but this is one you can't miss.  If you haven't seen The Big Lebowski yet I would highly recommend it and if you haven't seen it in a while, you know it's time!

1 comment:

  1. Did you hear that they are thinking of a sequel? I agree it is a great movie!

    ReplyDelete