Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Crazy Heart

Crazy Heart is, of course, an award winning movie starring Jeff Bridges as Bad Blake.  Blake is basically and old school country singer touring all over the country playing bars and bowling alleys.  The story revolves around Bad Blake trying to get his mojo back and his life together.

Maggie Gyllenhaal plays Blake's love interest in this film and let me tell you, that is a little weird.  I like Gyllenhaal but she just didn't fit in this movie.  Additionally, Colin Farrell was in this movie, and normally I really don't like him but in this case he was really pretty good.  Robert Duval also appears and is excellent as always.

The music was pretty good and Bridges clearly did a nice job with that.  I wouldn't argue that Bridges deserves an award for this movie but the movie overall getting an award...I'm not so sure about that.

Crazy Heart is a very straightforward film with only some minor twists and turns.  When it was over I felt like "eh, nothing special" but others may like this movie more.  I would simply say that the drama in this movie could have been more well done.

Posted on December 29, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment