Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Ultramarathon Man

Yep, my wife's movie again.  I was a little hesitant, again, but after the last running movie maybe I shouldn't have been.

Ultramarathon Man is a documentary about Dean Karnazes literally running 50 marathons in 50 states in 50 consecutive days.  While the idea of this athletic achievement is very impressive I was skeptical about a movie being made.  Once I watched this though it was truly captivating.  Karnazes is a real inspiration to anyone, not just runners, and I'm not an easy sell.

Looking at the film aspects this wasn't the best made documentary I've ever seen, far from it.  The movie was really about the character and his effect on others.  You saw glimpses into his family, the crew, and all of Karnazes fans along the way.  Music was actually pretty good, impressive for a smaller budget movie like this.

This one is worth checking out if you're into running, without a doubt.  If you're not a runner, but you're looking for something inspirational I would also recommend it.  If you're looking for an action movie with explosions and guns, this one probably isn't for you, but you probably already figured that one out.

Here is the real guys website: http://www.ultramarathonman.com/web/

No comments:

Post a Comment