Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Love Happens

Ooook, so clearly this is a movie my wife wanted to see.  While rom-coms aren't exactly my favorite genre, I feel obligated to at least give you all and idea of what you should expect if you want to see this or like in my case are coerced into watching.

Love Happens stars Aaron Eckhart and Jennifer Aniston.  I am a fan of Eckhart and he shines once again in this movie.  Aniston makes another decent appearance but it's nothing impressive.  Martin Sheen makes a cameo but it seems like he shows up in things now just for a few extra bucks.

The film is a fairly generic rom-com with some highlights mainly generated by Eckhart.  I find that movies in this particular genre are either bad or decent mainly based upon how good or bad the actors are.  Now don't get me wrong a terrible story will kill any movie (see Kate & Leopold) but the acting is particularly important in rom-coms.  While the acting in this one is decent the story is pretty weak, even for a rom-com.

I can and have been sucked in by a good sappy movie (see Notebook) but this isn't one that got me.  I wouldn't recommend it but I'm sure plenty of people (women) who enjoy rom-coms might have a differing opinion.  Nothing special at all but I have seen worse.

Posted on December 13, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment